Thursday, November 6, 2008

Illustration Friday - Vacant

Well here it is -- another submission for Illustration Friday and a return to the blog. It's good to be back, playing with Photoshop again and posting something on my VACANT blog.

The weekly topic is Vacant, so I had in mind this wild eyed character I found at my local antique store this summer. I passed him up the first time I saw him, but he was calling out to me on the next visit. Of course I envisioned him with a witch's hat or something but when I saw that Vacant was the topic I just knew he was in for a little make-over. The vacant building over his eyes is part of an old schoolhouse I photographed when I was in Idaho this summer and the glitter star is an old ephemera piece that I found at another local antique store.

These are the images I used in this piece... (oops, forgot to add the little bird illustration)


Thanks for visiting. Have a really wonderful day!

No comments: