Monday, May 12, 2008

Illustration Friday-Electricity
























e.lec.tric.i.ty
Electricity is the new topic for Illustration Friday this week. Since my husband, who has worked his life away for the power company, knows so much about the subject, I thought I would ask for his input. Well, it’s funny how we all have different perspectives on things - he instantly thought of a power house, converters, transmission lines, transformers, those water drop thingies for hydro power, dams, substations, K what-cha-ma-call-it lines…and it goes on. I said, “Honey, can you make it simpler?” He said, “a kite, a key and Ben Franklin”.

Bingo…

Personally, I was thinking of a riveting on-stage performance by a beautiful actress or dancer. Something along these lines from http://www.freedictionary.com/electricity
3. electricity – keen and shared excitement; “the stage crackled with electricity whenever she was on it”
Oh well, he always seems to win out lately, if he didn’t look so much like Sean Connery, maybe I wouldn’t give in to him so easily. Just kidding…I liked the idea too.

The images I used for this composition are:

  • Brown background
  • Blue background
  • Powerline photo that looks like a line drawing
  • Inverse cloud background
  • Ben Franklin scan from currency - recolored with a mask
  • Kite illustration
  • Key - scanned image
  • Lightening made from Obsidian Dawn brushes
  • Frame image

3 comments:

Heather said...

I did Ben Franklin too--but came up with something very different! The way individual minds process a topic is fascinating. I like the way you put your images together--very satisfying.

Emily said...

I wonder if Ol' Ben ever could have imagined vast allys of pilons crisscrossing the globe... lovely collage!

Mya said...

Wonderful job. I think this is better than a cat putting something in a light socket and his hair standing on end. That is the first thing that came to my mind. I like your idea much better.
have a wonderful week.
-Mya