Monday, April 14, 2008

Illustration Friday-Fail


Some Marriages Fail...
A digital collage, the latest Illustration Friday piece for the topic Fail. There were many images in my head for the subject, but this seems like one of the most prevailing, so here you are. Not a subject I take lightly, I have assured my husband that this little piece of art is not in any way reflective of our wonderful marriage of 17 years...
These are the images I used in this piece to create it in Photoshop.
Minus the bird flourish, oops...
In my Typepad blog ==Just Giddy==that I use to post all kinds of things, I have a link to my gallery of free images for you to use. The rules for use are on the site. Please, feel free to use them in your art. Periodically I will add more great images, so check back often...

6 comments:

Tricia said...

i love the artwork you created! it was really interesting to see the pieces before you did your magic to them.
great idea!

NANCY LEFKO said...

fabulous collage work...and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog.

yahidith monnalisa said...

you made divorce look good! love the layers and the colors, as always. Thank you for your comment!

Sandra Evertson said...

Very powerful!
Sandra Evertson

van dyke said...

Nice collage and excellent illustration of a failed relationship. Wonderful composition.

Richard Cardona said...

This is cool how you show the breakdown of elements that come together for the final. The display of elements on their own is almost constructivist in their arrangement. Specifically becoming a compostition unto itself - as in "Homage" further down below. Great stuff. Great work.