Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Illustration Friday - Opinion

Well here goes folks, since the Illustration Friday topic is Opinion and I have none, save it be the wrong opinion at the wrong time, or too many opinions to keep to myself, I give you this nearly, oft times self portrait of myself. Well, maybe it's not me. I would never hold a bird that way...I have very strong opinions about how I would personally hold a bird.

The "Silenced" piece is a digital collage I made after my first semester of Photoshop with one of my favorite instructors at Butte College. Dennis Wickes is a teacher who doesn't just offer facts and priciples, but terrific wonder, insight and inspiration that expands the thinking and understanding. He knows his stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mick said...

Whichever way you might hold a bird, the concept of the selfportrait, as you may know, is near and dear to my heart. This one, whether it is you or not, is fabulous!

kathy hare said...

a thought provoking image, love it!

Val Foster said...

Hi Rebecca. Sorry it took me so long to visit your awesome blog. I just love your blog and your art. I especially love this piece. I love everything about it. The colors, the textures, the image, the composition, the title. It's gorgeous. Very well done.

I'm clueless of how to do digital art, but I know when I'm drawn to great art. And I think it would be wonderful to make digital art, I would think the sky is the limit on what one could do. You're well on your way there.

Also, thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. I appreciate it. I'm going to add you to my blogroll.

Warm wishes and Merry Christmas to you.